• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apartment Security Deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krystal

Wisconsin

I lived in an apartment with a 6 month lease with a roommate, which ended July 31 - which is when I moved out. At the signing of the lease, a security deposit was required which we split in half. When the lease was up, I moved out - however my roommate stayed, and signed a new lease with a new roommate. After I moved out, the landlord did a walk through of the residence, but did not document anything. I am attempting to get my half of the security deposit back, since I no longer live there. I have talked with my ex-roommate who said she will give me my half the of the security deposit back when she moves. I have also spoken with the landlord who stated that the arrangements for payment need to be between me and my ex-roommate. This does not seem right to me, any help on this would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">