• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeal in small claims court after a win

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hollybc

PA
I live in Philadelphia, PA. I won in small claims court a judgement for $10000. The defendant is appealing the case. The appeal was left on my doorstep, hidden under the mat by the defendant. I almost didn't see it. Is this proper service?
Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Please keep your related questions in the same thread:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/how-appeal-small-claims-decision-577651.html

swalsh411

It seems like you are trying to squash is appeal on a technicality. So you should have the benefit of the legal system but your opponent should not? :rolleyes:

PA
I live in Philadelphia, PA. I won in small claims court a judgement for $10000. The defendant is appealing the case. The appeal was left on my doorstep, hidden under the mat by the defendant. I almost didn't see it. Is this proper service?
Thanks
I don't think that a party could personally serve papers ~ must be done by post office or process server ... chk your practice rules.

If they just personally served you then you may be able to dismiss the appeal because of it & I would if I could and had proper cause for a dismissal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">