• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Application for Turnover, Order Setting Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtrujillo

What is the name of your state? texas.
i have received a court document, application for turnover, order setting hearing. what will this hearing do. what can i expect. what do i need to be ready.

JETX

"what will this hearing do."
*** I assume from your post, that a judgment was rendered against you and that you have not made arrangements to pay it.

If correct, then the creditor has requested that the court issue an order for someone (you or a 3rd party) to turnover certain assets of yours to pay the judgment. This is normally done for an asset that is not normally subject to regular enforcement proceedings. This could include stocks, bonds, accounts receivables, tax refunds, deposits, etc.

"what can i expect."
*** The creditor or his attorney to show the court that you have not paid the judgment and that you have assets that they want.

"what do i need to be ready."
*** Your checkbook will help immensely.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">