• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appropriate course of action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cubbiesgirl

Hello, I current live in Florida, the transaction took place in Washington, Buyer now lives in Idaho (I think)

Back in April of this year I sold a vehicle to someone under a contracted agreement that he would make monthly payments by a certain date of each month. The contract was done in presence of his lawyer all the paperwork was also completed by him.

In the contract it stipulates that should he fall behind in payments 60 days we have full rights to repossess the vehicle. He is now rapidly approaching the 60 day mark (December 5th) and upon trying to contact him his phones have been shut off for past 30 days. I am also now beginning to question the new address we have on him. With that said, if someone were to go and pick up the vehicle(if I can track it down that is) for me with a copy of the contract and my proof of ownership would there be a problem?

I was wondering if I have the right to sue on breach of contract and if it would be able to go through small claims. While the vehicle itself is worth over the amount of small claims I would only be asking for amount owed plus any damage (had a detailed inspection done a month prior to sale) and the cost of retrieval of the vehicle. For the sum of about $3,500.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">