• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Army Ex put me in debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsantich

What is the name of your state?I live in New Jersey. About four years ago, I started dating someone. We were together for about 2 and a half years. At the two year mark, he joined the army, but right before that, he had no job at all. Since I didn't have much money, I was using my credit cards to support him (which was a huge mistake). And by support him, I mean buying him video games, movies, and food. Really necessary, huh? I only spent that money on him because he told me that when he joined the army and started making money, he would begin paying me back. It has been almost two years since he has joined, and I have yet to see a dime of that money. Just today, we had a huge argument on the internet, and he flat out told me that I can forget about ever seeing any of that money. I saved the conversation and can have a friend sign a written testimony stating that he was intending on paying me back. I'm now in collections because of all of the purchases I made for him. It was over $1000 worth of charges. Is there anything I can do? Do I have a case?

I

itsacatsworld

Wright a letter to his commanding OFFICER and give documentation the effect . lEAVE PERSONALS OUT OF IT............JUST THE DEBT they will take care of ther rest.

jsantich

How would i find out who his commanding officer is? and by "leaving personals out of it", you think i should just contact his commanding officer, and say "so and so put me in debt...end of story"? I'm really new at things like this, so please, any more advice at all would be great. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">