• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested for driving while suspendid/ license were not suspendid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dejania

What is the name of your state? Indiana.

I was arrested for driving while suspendid, my license were not suspendid. I went to court for a year concerning this matter, missed days of work, mind you this was not in my city. When I was arrested the officer said he would call child protective service for my children. My sister had to leave work, to come get my children. I was held until 1:00 a.m. when I bonded out. This happened at 3:30 in the afternoon. I was taking my children to a dentist appointment, in the city we just had moved from. I was in a friends car which she never got back because her license were suspendid for real and I thought because I was arrested for dws that mine were too. The cost of towing and storage was to high when she did get her license back. So, I lost out on a lot. My four year old is terrified of the police she thinks they will always take mommy away. Not only that he pulled me over on racial profile only. I went throught a yellow light he got behind me for about a block then he pulled on the side of me, then he got back behind me and pulled me over said I went through the yellow light, seen that my daughter was not is a car seat, said I was a suspendid driver, never writing me a traffic violation ticket. Did he or did he not have probable cause to pull me over? I know I have a suit in court for emotional distress for my children and me. And my bond money, worked missed ect. How do I go about filing this matter in court?

dejania

indiana is the state i am in. I think you are incorrect what probable cause did he have, because I was black or because I went through a yellow light, the last time I checked that was not a traffic violation. So you see I do have a case and even if he did have probable cause, the case was dismissed because my license were not suspendid, I was wrongfully arrested and trust me they will pay. :eek:

JETX

dejania said:
I was arrested for driving while suspendid, my license were not suspendid. I went to court for a year concerning this matter, missed days of work, mind you this was not in my city.
Okay, and what was the decision of the court??

I went throught a yellow light he got behind me for about a block then he pulled on the side of me, then he got back behind me and pulled me over said I went through the yellow light, seen that my daughter was not is a car seat, said I was a suspendid driver, never writing me a traffic violation ticket.
Okay, something is missing here. Your first paragraph said you went to court for a year on this matter. Yet, here you say you never got a ticket. So, which is it?? And why did you go to court??
Oh, and your 'assumption' of a yellow light may very well be the officers statement of a red light.

Did he or did he not have probable cause to pull me over?
No one can answer that since your post is confusing on what actually happened.

I know I have a suit in court for emotional distress for my children and me. And my bond money, worked missed ect. How do I go about filing this matter in court?
If you have a case at all, your first step is to get a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">