• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assaulted 18 months ago, too late to sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heydudeitsme

I live in Kansas, the assault took place in Missouri. Does this mean I would have to file in Missouri?

The two guys who assaulted me were arrested on the scene and received probation from the judge, they were also ordered to pay me $500 in restitution.

Is it too late to sue them? Even if its not technically too late will it look bad that I waited so long?

I didn't sue right away because it kind of felt like a sleezy thing to do but my insurance ended up not covering all my hospital bills. As time went on the whole thing started to bother me more and more and now I'm finally ready to move forward.

Thanks.

Just Blue

I live in Kansas, the assault took place in Missouri. Does this mean I would have to file in Missouri?

The two guys who assaulted me were arrested on the scene and received probation from the judge, they were also ordered to pay me $500 in restitution.

Is it too late to sue them? Even if its not technically too late will it look bad that I waited so long?

I didn't sue right away because it kind of felt like a sleezy thing to do but my insurance ended up not covering all my hospital bills. As time went on the whole thing started to bother me more and more and now I'm finally ready to move forward.

Thanks.
Why do you think it is "sleezy" to sue people that caused your harm?:confused::confused:

ETA: Don't bother to answer. After reading your thread history I have the answer.

Hire an Attorney to assist you. I would also recommend a drug rehab center.

Last edited:

heydudeitsme

hahah a drug rehab center for a weed thread I made when I was 17?

You have 22k posts on here, you need rehab a lot more than I do.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

In how many was that person admitting to drug use? Oh yeah. None. And before you say it, nope, I don't use drugs either.

Just Blue

Hey Dude...Ya know, like, I am not, like posting, ya know like a BUNCH of threads...like regarding...my like ....CRIMINAL stuff...Ya know dude???:rolleyes::p

Dude like needs to hire an attorney to like deal with his sh... .:D

Just Blue

"Like WOW...Okay!!

I will try to live a cyber life while DEALING with a small child and grown up "stuff"...sans free of any type of drugs

Bye-bye sport..."

"Sans free"??? lol are all 22k of your posts this brilliant? And you keep saying 'like' implying thats how I talk when I didn't even use the word once, strong stuff. Almost as strong as referring to a 5 year old thread lol.

Also, you know someone has been a loser their whole life when they brag about normal human experiences that everyone goes through (having a kid). Its as if you never really thought it would happen to you. I bet it was the happiest day of your life when you finally found whatever hag let you put it in her lol. I would love to see a pic of your ugly wife and your future bullying victim lol.

Just Blue

^ is a PM from OP under another name.

Dude...Like I am not ...like a dude.;)

Hire an attorney to assist you. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">