• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attacked by neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nancy martinez

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Yesterday I was attacked by a women in my neighborhood. Our children were arguing and the mother was totally upset about the situation. I was trying to talk her into calming down, (there were about 30 kids around) she was screaming and cussing for about 10 minutes. There was no calming her down and her husband wasn't helping either. I finally asked her to "shut up"
for a minute so we could discuss the situation like adults, and she attacked me. She ripped a good amount of hair out of my head and was punching me all over my body. When she finally let me up I called 911, the police came, we both told our sides of the story. She and her husband lied, they told the police officer that I hit her first. Problem is I did not lay a finger on her. The police said they could not arrest her because I did not have any visible marks. Does a hand full of hair (that I showed the police) or a lump on my elbow not count as battery? I want her arrested and the police said they couldn't. Could you please give me some feedback on the "battery" side of this situation?

JETX

nancy martinez said:
I'm not sure. This is my first time using this site. Maybe you could inform me on the location to which this is appropriate.
We don't have a specific area for 'petty and childish complaints'. Maybe you should put it in "Drug Charges". :D

BelizeBreeze

JETX said:
We don't have a specific area for 'petty and childish complaints'. Maybe you should put it in "Drug Charges". :D
Hell, and I thought it belonged in the Cosmotologist dun me wrong forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">