• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Fees NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KAJohnson11

Two years ago the judge order my Daughter's father to pay my attorney fees which he has not done so. He gave him 6 months to pay up. My attorney is now telling me that I am responsible for the fees since he has not paid. My attorney or the courts have not made an effort to collect the money. What action should I take from here???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

Unless he can cite you a specific law that says you are responsible, you are not, but can you blame him for wanting to get paid. What efforts has he made to try to locate the deadbeat dad and garnishee his paycheck? That is what you need to be asking him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">