• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney required for PLLC in d.c. ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

graybay

i work for a medical practice in the district of columbia. it is a pllc and has been described as a partnership. in the district of columbia, all corporations must be represented by an attorney in small claims. i was in court today and the judge said i would need an attorney, but heard my case (delinquent patient account) anyway and issued a judgement. however, i had made repeated calls to the small claims office prior to the court date and they said a pllc was exempt from needing an attorney. was this particular judge wrong? i would like to file more suits without the assistance of an attorney. we are a small practice and cannot afford the services of an attorney for all our delinquent accounts. if it IS a requirement, is there anyway i can get around it? again, we are a pllc formed in the district of columbia. a limited liability partnership, as i understand it. thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">