• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto repair blues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lonnie smith

What is the name of your state? Az. i have taken our car to shop 5 times for the same transmition fix. how many times before i can take somewhere else at thier expense. and can i do anything about the inconvenience of it all?

JETX

"how many times before i can take somewhere else at thier expense."
*** You can't take it anywhere else 'at their expense', unless you get their permission first (get it in writing). You are free to take it to another shop and then pay it, and file a lawsuit against the first shop to try to recover the expense of the second, but you would have to prove in court that the second expense was a fault of some negligence or malice of the first.

"and can i do anything about the inconvenience of it all?"
*** Depends on what 'inconvenience' you are talking about, but, generally no, you cannot recover for time, phone calls, lost work, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">