• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto sale dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plastikwaren

What is the name of your state? Ontario (canada)

I know this is an american forum, but laws tend to be the same.

Anyway, I was selling a van on ebay and someone won the auction at $1975, but that same day, I was also offered $3000 by another private buyer (unfortunately after the auction was closed)

Ebay policy states that I have to give him the van, but due to a financial issue, I would really like to take the $3000 offer.

He's (bluffing?) threatening legal action if I don't give it to him.

Do I have any recourse, or should I just give up now and let him have it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plastikwaren said:
What is the name of your state? Ontario (canada)

I know this is an american forum, but laws tend to be the same.

==================================

My response:

First, prove to me that Canadian and American "laws tend to be the same" in your specific situation. If you can, THEN we'll answer your post.

Until that time, take your Canadian coward butt out of here! Some "friend" Canada turned out to be!

IAAL

P

plastikwaren

wow. That was the last response I was expecting. I'm sorry if my government displeases you, but I didn't vote for them.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plastikwaren said:
wow. That was the last response I was expecting. I'm sorry if my government displeases you, but I didn't vote for them.

My response:

Oh, my friend, that's a BIG understatement about how I "feel" about the Canadian government. And, my memory will last a very, very, very long time too. Just wait, pal - - one day, you and your "government" are going to need the United States. And, when it does, I'll be one of the FIRST to protest that "help", and hopefully causing Canada to be rejected!

Whether or not you "voted" for your government, is not the issue. I don't recall, however, the Citizenry of Canada protesting it's government in disagreement when the United States needed Canada's help!

And guess what?

You're a part of that citizenry.

Now, go away.

IAAL

P

plastikwaren

I'm fully aware of that. I just need some legal advice and was hoping that someone could point me out in the right direction. When the third party auction house is american based, a non lawyer could logicaly assume that the legalities of it all would be the same - be the parties in canada or america. And if that's not true, then it's more then likely that the american laws are what applies.

HOWEVER. I'm not interested in cheese headed abuse.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plastikwaren said:
I'm fully aware of that. I just need some legal advice and was hoping that someone could point me out in the right direction. When the third party auction house is american based, a non lawyer could logicaly assume that the legalities of it all would be the same - be the parties in canada or america. And if that's not true, then it's more then likely that the american laws are what applies.

HOWEVER. I'm not interested in cheese headed abuse.

My response:

I told you to "prove" your legal theory, FIRST. Otherwise, SUFFER from your loss!

At least, in some small measure, I'm getting a lot of visceral good feelings from YOUR loss - - just like we've suffered "losses" that Canada could have helped to prevent had it joined the Coalition.

Now, get the hell out of here.

IAAL

P

plastikwaren

accidentaly posted a new subject in response to you. You may view it if you wish.

Alternately, you can sit here and glower at me.

Your Name

You know what gets me most about Canadians is they are always bragging about the free medical. FREE MY @SS!! They pay 15% sales tax every time they buy something and the cost of living is double ours. I can buy the same insurance here in the states and still have a lower cost of living. And I don't have to go around saying AYE all the time.

spawn_x

Tell the guy that the tranny just started to have problems and does not shift to 3rd gear. Tell him because that problem appeared he doesn't have to continue with the deal...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">