• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Service?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luv4lyphe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Misssouri

I'm seeking help recovering estimated costs of a major repair to the engine from a service check/tune up I had over 3 1/2 months ago in mid Sept.
My car broke down late Dec. and was brought to a shop. They told
me an old oil filter gasket was left on and a new one was placed over which
caused the leak and ruined the engine. The engine and other parts have to
be replaced for an estimate of $2,500 - 3,000. The control panel never
indicated any problems with the car until the day it broke down. Would
the service station be liable? Does this sound like a case? From the sticker p.o.v I was over the mileage check up by 2,ooomiles. The car manual says a normal check up is between 3 - 6,000miles unless car indicates otherwise. But oil leak would have never occured if the job was done proper so it makes sense to me that I have some ground to file a claim.

I did ask for a document/statement from the Dealership that's fixing my
car and waiting so I can explain to the Service Station the problem. I was waiting on this information so i can attempt to settle before submitting a claim. Appreciate all the help and input!

mnsweeps

I am dealing with a similar situation where the lube center drained my tranny fluid and never filled in...Transmission was damaged within 14 days / 600 miles...Car dealer report clearly says that tranny fluid wad drined but never refilled ...i am dealing with lube center now..i just faxed the dealer report today to district manager ...DM said he had cameras installed in lube center and will take a look at it...cost of repair is $5600 :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">