• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto service issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kissfanalive

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My car was repaired for overheating and taken back to the same shop when it started overheating again and now won't start. They have had the car for at least 10 months now. Every time I ask they keep telling they are going to start working on it in a couple days. Also the last time I was is any damage poopthere I noticed water on the floor. I don't know if it caused any damage but had they been working on it or I had it back the water would have been noticed and could have been addressed. I have also been paying insurance the whole time since I kept expecting to get it back. What can I legally do?

Thanks for any advice that I might receive.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My car was repaired for overheating and taken back to the same shop when it started overheating again and now won't start. They have had the car for at least 10 months now. Every time I ask they keep telling they are going to start working on it in a couple days. Also the last time I was is any damage poopthere I noticed water on the floor. I don't know if it caused any damage but had they been working on it or I had it back the water would have been noticed and could have been addressed. I have also been paying insurance the whole time since I kept expecting to get it back. What can I legally do?

Thanks for any advice that I might receive.
Why don't you go get your car?

kissfanalive

Why don't you go get your car?
I can get the car but I want to know what I need to do about the fact that there might be water damage now and I want to make sure that he honors the warranty service for the repairs that he initially did. Everything in the cooling system such as hoses, water pump, thermostat, radiator and head gasket are new. Also they did find that at least one of the reasons it wont start is because there is no spark. They have already disassembled part of the ignition system but had stopped working on it about a month ago. I guess I could just pay to have it towed to another shop and pay someone else to repair something that I have already paid to be repaired. I wouldn't have a problem with doing that as long as he was paying for all of it. I do understand that the no spark condition will most likely be my responsibility. I just don't want to do anything that might help him deny covering any warranty work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">