• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto vandalized

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blueeyes64

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My truck was vandalized by high school kids who go to school a half of block from where I work. These kids were hanging on my truck and were asked to move off of it, the next day they scratched initials on the hood of my truck I made a police report and called the principal, who came to my work and told me this was a gang that did this and the initials were the name of this gang. He was aware of these kids and said that he got rid of most but a small group still existed. This was done in my works parking lot. My question is can the school be held responsible for this and pay for the truck to be painted?, I did get an estimate for 200.00 to have it fixed. Apparently the principal does not want to say who these kids are and acted as if it could have been anyone, yet right away he knew of this gang. What can I do?

S

seniorjudge

blueeyes64 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My truck was vandalized by high school kids who go to school a half of block from where I work. These kids were hanging on my truck and were asked to move off of it, the next day they scratched initials on the hood of my truck I made a police report and called the principal, who came to my work and told me this was a gang that did this and the initials were the name of this gang. He was aware of these kids and said that he got rid of most but a small group still existed. This was done in my works parking lot. My question is can the school be held responsible for this and pay for the truck to be painted?, I did get an estimate for 200.00 to have it fixed. Apparently the principal does not want to say who these kids are and acted as if it could have been anyone, yet right away he knew of this gang. What can I do?
Q: My question is can the school be held responsible for this and pay for the truck to be painted?

A: No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">