• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automotive Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carbuyer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Iowa, but purchased a car in South Dakota. I responded to a newspaper full page ad, one of the cars listed showed 1978 Eldorado 15,900 miles. I tried the car out and agreed to purchase the car. We wrote up a purchase agreement with my trade in. After I picked up the car I discovered the engine had been replaced, and there are some engine problems. The replacement engine has more miles than the miles listed for the car. Can I take this to small claims court in South Dakota for twelve thousand dollars?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jim

racer72

Can I take this to small claims court in South Dakota for twelve thousand dollars?
Nope, that is well beyond the state small claims limit. The car is 31 years old, if you bought is as-is, you likely have no recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">