• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

automotive question, small claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maineguy

massachusetts

massachusetts....

ok, did some work on a friends car back in december.. im no mechanic but do know my way around cars, and did several hours of work for very little money, with no formal agreement or anything, i was just trying to help out. much of this car was messed up to begin with, and now i am blamed for causing more damage to it, 60 days later. not only was i acting in good faith(not acting wrecklessly or being negligent), but i dont see how i would be to blame when the majority of the vehicle was in dissaray before even beginning. i am not a mechanic, or have any credentials in that field, just was trying to help a friend out, who obviously didn't appreciated it. as i noticed things i did not feel comfortable about their condition, i noted that, and suggested they take it to a shop. they declined, and i finnished to the best of my ability under their pressure to not leave the vehicle alone. prior to this i completed a few other projects on this car, all of which i completed fine and to this day have no problems.

i have a lawyer in the family who i will be consulting with, however im just looking for some additional insight

maineguy

sorry... ive been stressed out about a lot of things, and with this on top its really getting to me.

no just anyone general opinion from that side of the story, if im protected for things like this with no contract, reciept, the fact im not a business (mechanic) and how would they prove anything--

epsecially if they could even try and make a big deal out of it after i said i did not like how it looked ect... sorry for being so vague

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">