• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Breakup---Can I get my stuff back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissalynn3476

What is the name of your state?West Virginia
I am in the process of suing my ex boyfriend in small claims court for 2 promissory notes he signed stating he would pay me back money for misc items totalling $5,000.00. This is my question: when he was here to retrieve the rest of his stuff---he took 3 items of mine. Can I get these back at the same time when I present my case in court? I have sent him several letters asking for my stuff back and he refuses to answer. Thanks for any advice :)

melissalynn3476

Hi, no, I have not sent the letters via certified mail. Which I am going to do that today...the items were 1-A brand new car remote stereo (unsure of the value of it but the whole system cost over 200 dollars) 2-just a measly pair of jumper cables 3-a portable air compressor (not sure of the value but my dad bought it for me in case of emergenices). I can forget about the last 2--but I just bought this CD player for my car and he does this out of spite. He just returned a piece of exercise equipment after 5 phone calls!. Thanks you guys!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">