• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad Mechanic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amygru

What is the name of your state?Minnesota.
I want some help in figuring out what to do about this mechanic.
I had called around to find a mechinac from the phone book to fix my car.
No one wanted to fix it. But one of them had called me back. He came over to my house to pick up the car on his trailor bed. but we couldnt get it started to drive it on the bed. So i called a tower to tow the car to his shop. Now my car sat in his car shop for a good 3 months, i called about once or twice a week to see what it was doing. Well he finally told me that it needed a new engine. So i got one $1600.00. The engine was fairly new.(about 76 miles, No not 76,0000.) Me and the mechaninc picked it up. Well as the months and months would go by. I would call and get this "ill have it fixed by tuesday, or ill have it fixed by the end of the week." I called alot and got no answer. I would drive by and peer in the window and see my car up on a hoist, motor all torn apart. the new one hanging on a jack. Well. Finally about the middle of august i got a call saying that it was done. he wanted $1,000.00 before i could have it. Well i said i could do 250.00 and pay once a month until it was paid. Well needless to say, i got the car and the next day it was smoking. I called him and he said that he wouldnt look at it. So i took it somewhere else and they said that the motor was shot. Im out $1,600.00 for a motor. another 300 for a transmission. and alot of waisted phone calls. What can i do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">