• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad outboard engine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kg4ygb

Alabama

I bought a bass boat from an individual who said the motor ran out great with no problems. Turns out the motor did not run out good. It has a cracked block and scored cylinders with an estimated repair bill of $2,500. The mechanic said this individual had to have know about the problem at the time of the sell. Do you think I have a case?

Andy0192

Alabama

I bought a bass boat from an individual who said the motor ran out great with no problems. Turns out the motor did not run out good. It has a cracked block and scored cylinders with an estimated repair bill of $2,500. The mechanic said this individual had to have know about the problem at the time of the sell. Do you think I have a case?
So why didn't you get the mechanic's advice before you bought your boat? You might have saved $2500

Did the seller give you a written guarantee? if not, you're SOL.

kg4ygb

your right i wish i had the engine inspected and there was no warranty written in the contract. However, the certified mechanic said this guy knowingly was deceptive in the sell. The guy I bought it from was a redneck, so if i did go through with the suit and he did not show up by default I win. It cost $150 to file the suit...

justalayman

=kg4ygb;2561530] The guy I bought it from was a redneck,
well hell, if he was a redneck, all the motor had to do is keep running for him to consider it to "run out well". "Runs out well" can be subjective.

so if i did go through with the suit and he did not show up by default I win.
possibly but that is presuming the service was proper and he doesn't file to set aside the ruling based on some justifiable reason he could not make it to court.

It cost $150 to file the suit...
I am guessing but most courts award you the court costs if you win. If you lose, obviously you would not deserve the filing fees be repaid.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you think that he's such a redneck that he'll ignore the suit...why do you think you'd be able to collect if you win?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">