• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bag Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsmith088

I live in North Carolina down a half mile long dirt road. At the top of the road is a highway. It has county water, sewer, cable tv access. We have 9 families that live down our road. The one family that lives at the top next to the highway will not allow the state to take over the road and maintain it. Without this we cannot get anything. He will also not allow them to give us county water, sewer, or cable tv access. He has all these things. We have tried for years to get them to allow the state to maintain the road but he will not give up an inch of his land. Is there any legal action we can take to force him to allow us these things? As of now it is 8 families against him.

xylene

I live in North Carolina down a half mile long dirt road. At the top of the road is a highway. It has county water, sewer, cable tv access. We have 9 families that live down our road. The one family that lives at the top next to the highway will not allow the state to take over the road and maintain it. Without this we cannot get anything. He will also not allow them to give us county water, sewer, or cable tv access. He has all these things. We have tried for years to get them to allow the state to maintain the road but he will not give up an inch of his land. Is there any legal action we can take to force him to allow us these things? As of now it is 8 families against him.
Have y'all considered offering him money to buy the land?

The State could use its domain powers to take it over, but why maintain a new road when the status quo is acceptable from their point of view.

jsmith088

The road is not new and I do not understand how one fool could deny so many people access to so many things. Also, I wouldn't give the guy a penny if it would save his life after the way he treats all of us stuck down here.

So is there anything legal we can do or should we all go over to his house and burn it down?

xylene

The road is not new and I do not understand how one fool could deny so many people access to so many things. Also, I wouldn't give the guy a penny if it would save his life after the way he treats all of us stuck down here.

So is there anything legal we can do or should we all go over to his house and burn it down?
Oh brother.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jsmith088

Sorry but I am fed up with him thinking he is the only one who has the right to everything. Can I get an answer instead of unrelated replies?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Sorry but I am fed up with him thinking he is the only one who has the right to everything. Can I get an answer instead of unrelated replies?
Your answer is that he is the only one who has the right to say what happens to or on his property. He is not legally required to be a nice guy. You, however, are legally required to respect his rights as a property owner.

Get a satellite dish. It's better than cable, anyway.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">