• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bail Bonds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Spoon1978

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I was locked up and I used a bail bondsman to get me out. I havent paid the full amount of the bond off yet, but I went to court. I was never told the money paid to the bondsman was non refundable. I never signed anything regarding the bond. Am I responsible to pay that off, or am I entitiled to a refund and is there any criminal charges that can be filed against me for not paying that off? I feel defrauded and they r talking about pressing charges to have arrested. Is that correct and legal? Can I press fraud and theft charges and sue for mental anguish and to get back the money I payed.

racer72

The money paid for a bail bond is the bondsman's fee for risking a whole lot more money on you. You will not get a refund and you can bet the bondsman will come after you for the rest. Don't pay and the bondsman will retract the bond, you go back to jail (the bondsman will help you get there too) and your name goes on a blacklist of people that none of the local bail bond companies will serve. Your ignorance of how the bail bond system works in not excuse to not pay or to sue.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">