• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dark

What is the name of your state? MINNESOTA

Today,2/11/03, I had my hearing on the exempt funds in the bank,I gave the judge a complete record of unemployment benifits
that I received from april,2002-Jan,2003. I obtained this record from the compensation office. Their are no breaks in the stream of beneifits during this period(student,under dislocated workers program and NAFTA) I also provided a statement for Trade act benefits which will extend compensation for five months.The judge
ruled that I needed to provide dec-jan bank statements to the debt collector since his arquement was a question of, are all the
funds in the bank compensation funds.Keep in mind that their was no dispute over benifits paid at all.When the judge asked for the statement to be given over to the representative, I asked if I should deliver a copy to the court as well. No.

Exempt funds still in Limbo for a week longer?

Smells like injustice at work.what say ye.:confused:

JETX

Nope. Sounds to me like a judgment creditor just trying to get the compensation that the court ordered you owed him.

You can certainly free up the funds by paying the judgment. How about that??

BTW, what was this judgment for?? What did you do, or not do, to damage this plaintiff?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">