• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eslmom1

What is the name of your state?NJ

Husband won small claims suit. Debtor refuses to pay. FInally sent a check for half the amount thinking that would be okay. Now we havename of bank, account number and bank address. Ques. one. what do I do now? HOw do I get the court to levy against the bank- is there a form? I know I must do this befor I can file a Motion to Turn Over Funds.

THis payment was unexpected so I have sent a certified information subponea to the debtor. Do I have follow this through as I now unexpectedly have the info I need ? Can I try to levy the bank before or if he returns the subponea? MM

JETX

eslmom1 said:
Husband won small claims suit. Debtor refuses to pay. FInally sent a check for half the amount thinking that would be okay. Now we havename of bank, account number and bank address. Ques. one. what do I do now? HOw do I get the court to levy against the bank- is there a form? I know I must do this befor I can file a Motion to Turn Over Funds.

THis payment was unexpected so I have sent a certified information subponea to the debtor. Do I have follow this through as I now unexpectedly have the info I need ? Can I try to levy the bank before or if he returns the subponea? MM
Contact the court and ask them the process to garnish/levy a debtors account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">