• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Beach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freddo

On a sunny afternoon I attempted to enjoy a beach outing with my family and two dogs. The dogs were on leashes, but another dog owner decided to allow her dog to get too close and a dog fight between our lab/retriever mix and the other dog ensued. I separated the animals and no blood nor any injury was evident. We apologized and tried to leave without further harassment. Now 3 months later we are being sued for a vet bill that appears to be diagnostic only. I intend to fight this ridiculous suit and want to know if I can counter sue for lost wages for attending court, harassment, and pain and suffering of my kids?

Any other advice?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
On a sunny afternoon I attempted to enjoy a beach outing with my family and two dogs. The dogs were on leashes, but another dog owner decided to allow her dog to get too close and a dog fight between our lab/retriever mix and the other dog ensued. I separated the animals and no blood nor any injury was evident. We apologized and tried to leave without further harassment. Now 3 months later we are being sued for a vet bill that appears to be diagnostic only. I intend to fight this ridiculous suit and want to know if I can counter sue for lost wages for attending court, harassment, and pain and suffering of my kids?

Any other advice?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
The items you have listed are not compensable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">