• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being shaken down for money.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgladvice

What is the name of your state? California

I am currently in an arguement with an ex-girlfriend. Since our breakup I had not spoken to her in months. She then calls me and tells me that I owe her $9000 for an abortion. I don't even know if I was the one who got her pregnant in the first place but I agreed to help her out. The only thing I asked for was paperwork from the hospital with the amount of the operation. She got really mad and refused to send them to me. She then tells me later on that her "new" boyfriend has helped her out with the costs and now he's e-mailing me saying that I owe him money. If I don't pay he says he'll sue me. Is this legal? Does he have a case? I feel like I'm being duped here somewhere.

BL

Tell them to out side to the nearest big boulder with a pick and sledge hammer and start pounding away, to see if the money is in there.

Tell them to quit harassing you or you will file harassment charges .

BelizeBreeze

Tell boyfriend and ex to please sue you and to make sure they bring the contract you signed for payment of medical expenses to court with them.

HomeGuru

lgladvice said:
What is the name of your state? California

I am currently in an arguement with an ex-girlfriend. Since our breakup I had not spoken to her in months. She then calls me and tells me that I owe her $9000 for an abortion. I don't even know if I was the one who got her pregnant in the first place but I agreed to help her out. The only thing I asked for was paperwork from the hospital with the amount of the operation. She got really mad and refused to send them to me. She then tells me later on that her "new" boyfriend has helped her out with the costs and now he's e-mailing me saying that I owe him money. If I don't pay he says he'll sue me. Is this legal? Does he have a case? I feel like I'm being duped here somewhere.
**A: this is hilarious. Why not send this new boyfriend a membership to a gay club and a subscription to a gay magazine. That will make you feel better.

You Are Guilty

$9000 for an abortion?! Did it come with a Hyundai? You are being scammed, my friend.

I'd send them an email back telling them that you'll pay the $9k on the condition that they pay you for your prior "male abortion", which, coincidentally, cost $9001. See if they give you the buck.

BelizeBreeze

You Are Guilty said:
$9000 for an abortion?! Did it come with a Hyundai? You are being scammed, my friend.

I'd send them an email back telling them that you'll pay the $9k on the condition that they pay you for your prior "male abortion", which, coincidentally, cost $9001. See if they give you the buck.
Personally, I don't give a "B"uck :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">