• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being slandered and evicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjuarez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CAis my state. My husband and I are being slandered by our neighbors and because of it we are being evicted from our home. Our neighbors have written a letter after calling the owner of our rental and stated by mouth and in a two page letter the we have six adults living in our home when in fact we have three and they have said that we are using, selling, and manufacturing drugs in and from our residence. This is not true. I am 47 and my husband is 50 and disabled. I clean houses since myh husband became disabled due to a work related injury. We do not do, sell, or make drugs and can prove it. We can pass a drug test any day of the week and welcome anyone to come into our home and see that none of the accusations against us are true. Even still, we are being evicted. It's like being found guilty without a trial. How do we handle this? We would like to sue our neighbors and fight the eviction. Do we have legal grounds to do this?

johnacastro

Motion to Vacate Summary Eviction Order

First of all, forget the neighbors. If you engage your neighbors, you will be evicted. Your focus should be on, and only on, the tenant evicting you. Truth be told, it's his property and he has the right to evict you, BUT in order for them to evict you, they have to file a complaint with the Court.

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HEARD BY THE COURT.

Go and talk with the Judge and request a hearing. Go find Legal Aid assitance, attorneys that help for free, if necessary.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">