• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being stalked by an old landlord (OH)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwears11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I rented from someone in 2002. He billed me for $2k in damages which I refused to pay. He finally won a judgment against me in 2007, (because I agreed to mediation and a longer story, but I was not happy with the results of it.) which I have yet to make payment on. Since I moved out in May 2003, this man has stalked me at my job, told my employers viscous rumors about me, visited my neighbors and did the same thing, I have spotted him around my house looking in my windows a few years back. He drives past my house almost on a daily basis. Slanders or defames (bad reputation) me to anyone that knows me, (saying I had a filthy house etc.., not true at all) and has caused my reputation in a multi agency building that I worked in to crumble. Is this basis for a lawsuit? I have little evidence of the past 5 years of his harassment, but caught a picture of him with my cellphone the other day. I plan on continuing collecting proof from now on. He has also left me horrible voice mail messages. I have also spoken with his attorney twice about this, in which he informed me he would take care of it.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I rented from someone in 2002. He billed me for $2k in damages which I refused to pay. He finally won a judgment against me in 2007, (because I agreed to mediation and a longer story, but I was not happy with the results of it.) which I have yet to make payment on. Since I moved out in May 2003, this man has stalked me at my job, told my employers viscous rumors about me, visited my neighbors and did the same thing, I have spotted him around my house looking in my windows a few years back. He drives past my house almost on a daily basis. Slanders or defames (bad reputation) me to anyone that knows me, (saying I had a filthy house etc.., not true at all) and has caused my reputation in a multi agency building that I worked in to crumble. Is this basis for a lawsuit? I have little evidence of the past 5 years of his harassment, but caught a picture of him with my cellphone the other day. I plan on continuing collecting proof from now on. He has also left me horrible voice mail messages. I have also spoken with his attorney twice about this, in which he informed me he would take care of it.
sounds like you need a restraining order. AND to pay that judgement. depending on your state laws, you may be liable for interest. which would be building.

Betty

Agree re the RO & since he won the judgment, you do need to pay him the money due. If you pay him, he may leave you alone.

Gail in Georgia

You owe him $2K which you've refuse to pay and you're concerned that he's defaming you by saying you had a filthy house?

Frankly, I'd be focusing on the fact that you're a deadbeat in terms of paying court ordered judgements.

Do you live on a private or public road? If public, why do you not believe he can use this road on a daily basis?

Gail

jwears11

wow- hostile much guys? I came to ask a question as to whether I had basis to bring a suit against him or not, not to discuss the judgement that I refuse to pay, as I mentioned its a long story, and I'm not even going to waste my time at this point.

But, I can see the only think that's offered here isn't free legal advice, just a bunch of bored housewives just looking to tear someone apart because they are so unhappy with their own lives... what's wrong there ladies? Is your husband "working late" again? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">