• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matchk

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am being sued by a local bank, I have not recieved any information as to what the charges are for. When I requested information from there lawyers I was informed that they did not have to disclose any informatiion. They also stated that they had sent the information as a polite gesture. I talked to my financial advisor and he told me to call them back and ask specific questions I did so in his presence, when they asked how I knew this information I informed them that my financial advisor was here and was instructing me on what to ask, they promptly hung up on me. I called them back and as what was going on and why I was being hung up on, and they told me that I was not allowed to record or have a third party in on the conversation and that there would be no more attempts to contact me and that I was not allowed to contact them. I recieved the subpena today with limited information, non of which shows where I owe money. So I called the law offices today to try once again to get the evidence discloded to me so that I could mount a good defense and I was told that they do not have to submit that information. What do I do and how do I proceed. I thought they had to difulge all of the information to me.

Last edited:

gawm

They will have to turn over that information over after you file a motion for discovery with the court. I suggest you hire an attorney. DON"T try to do this on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">