• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued for borrowing money never borrowed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

s1ump1

What is the name of your state? california

The Plaintiff claims that i owe her $3740.00, the principle $2700.00 and interests (10%, 2 years, $540) and incidental costs to relocate defendant ($500.00, invoice from Law Office). This claim is based on her giving me $2700.00 "out-of-the-pocket money" and "promised but failed to return."

Based on the information she has given, i borrowed the money 2 years ago, which would make me 17 years old. Is a verbal contract substantial between two minors, considering there was a verbal contract?

Would "out-of-the-pocket money" mean money not withdrawn from the bank and not a source that could be recorded? If so, would any bank records be relevant? If a bank withdrawal statement of $2700.00 was present at the court, is there any way it could bind to me?

There are no witnesses because this never happened. If she were to create a story that i knew was a lie, is there anything i could do? I cannot prove that i did not borrow the money and she cannot prove that i did. I know her ex-boyfriend that was her present boyriend at the time period in which she said i borrowed the money, he would be able to substantiate that i never received any money, but the problem is that he moved and is unable to make it to court. Would any written witness documents be substantial? She is very deceptive and vengeful, so i have a pretty good idea whys shes doing this.

Any legal advice would be deeply appreciated. Thank you for your time.

s1ump1

When she withdrew the $2700 i was with her, it was to be given to my best friend at the time. My best friend moved recently and im guessing that since she cant find him, she is trying to get me to link it to him. We both stopped talking to her for a while and im thinking that she thought i got some of the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">