• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued for "dust" on neighbors car...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coll4

What is the name of your state? Pa.
I have also posted this on the auto section of this forum....hopefully i can get may replies because i quite frankly am just driving myself crazy over this
My 19 yr old son and his friend were sanding bondo from the car (just doing alittle body work on the car)...well "dust" blew onto my neighbors car who lives across the street and about 2-3 cars down...he came over and asked them what to do about it...they said it comes right off w/ a hose...well he called the police...even the police were like they can't really see anything...well he said it scratched his truck...now being sued for $500 to get "cleaned and buffed"...his is a 2-3 year old black truck , he doesn't keep it in a garage..doesn't have one...how do we know that those scratches were not there prior..even the police they asked the boys if they wanted to wash the car for the neighbor (but the police told them not too because if it scratches again, so they said no)...but the did clean up the dust in the street and finish the sanding elsewhere...he was always a nice neighbor but now he is retired and is quite crabby now...the police report stated "dust" on it...when he went to get a estimate at the local body shop he told them that they were grinding metal right next to him...that is wrong...they were using a electric sander sanding bondo ( i contacted them, they said it is just regular old normal dust)...we go to court 7/23...i have worked myself up to a migraine that is now going on 5 days...i can't eat or sleep...and just yesterday the "neighbor" called the police on my husband again because he was putting on brakes on the car....it seems he is going to call for every little thing...i am afraid to let the boys outside for fear he will start something...any help or direction i would really appreciate...thanks

JETX

If your post is accurate in that they were simply sanding on their car, I doubt that any reasonable court would find that it caused the complainants damage. Simply have them tell the facts as you presented them. The court will hopefully see that his claim is without merit and rule accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">