• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued by ex attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vromero

What is the name of your state? tx
I am being sued by a previous lawyer for a divorce. I tried to fire him sent letters to him and the main lawyers of the firm to inform them of how displesed I was with how he was handling my case. Long story short I didn't pay all of the money that I owed. When we first met he stated verbally that the total cost for everything would be between 1,000 and 1,500. It ended up costing more like 2,800 - for a simple divorce. I stopped paying them at 1,900. I have no idea how to represent myself in court and the legal aid office in town can't help me. What can I do?

CalifAtty-18

vromero said:
What is the name of your state? tx
I am being sued by a previous lawyer for a divorce. I tried to fire him sent letters to him and the main lawyers of the firm to inform them of how displesed I was with how he was handling my case. Long story short I didn't pay all of the money that I owed. When we first met he stated verbally that the total cost for everything would be between 1,000 and 1,500. It ended up costing more like 2,800 - for a simple divorce. I stopped paying them at 1,900. I have no idea how to represent myself in court and the legal aid office in town can't help me. What can I do?

My response:

First of all, you obviously don't know enough about law to be "displeased." How would YOU know what is right or wrong?

Second, basically, you're asking for someone on this site to "represent" you by telling you what to do every step of the way. We don't do "steps." That's what legal representation is for.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">