• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued, Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jipster

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I recieved a Small Claim Court Notice that I am being sued for past medical bills owed to local hospital for the amount of $2800 plus court cost. I am currently umemployed and have been since July 2004. I have to respond back to them by February 7, 2005. What are my options with this, I have no money and no income at this time. Please help.

S

seniorjudge

jipster said:
What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I recieved a Small Claim Court Notice that I am being sued for past medical bills owed to local hospital for the amount of $2800 plus court cost. I am currently umemployed and have been since July 2004. I have to respond back to them by February 7, 2005. What are my options with this, I have no money and no income at this time. Please help.

Do you have any defense to not paying?

S

seniorjudge

jipster said:
No, but at this time, with no job or money. What am I to do?
Get a job?

Pray?

Now we're getting into the non-legal realm....

JETX

jipster said:
No, but at this time, with no job or money. What am I to do?
If you have a defense, go to court and present it.
If you don't, you can still go to court, but the result will be the same... a judgment against you.

The judgment creditor can then use the allowed garnishment, levy and seizure laws to try to collect the judgment.

BTW, a CT small claims judgment is good for 10 years and renewable another 5. It also accrues interest at 10% per year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">