• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued by HOA (Texas)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edclueless

(Texas Law)

We are in disagreement over some late fees.
I pay my HOA through the bank using auto-pay, the HOA gets a check in the mail. A year ago I got a call from HOA stating I was behind two months. I told him that was strange because the payment is automatically send by the bank and I wasn't having any problems until that point. They told me they had changed PO BOX. I told them I did not know and was not informed the HOA had changed the PO BOX number. The lady gives me the correct info and I proceeded to make the change. After I updated information with the bank they started receiving the payments as scheduled. A few months later I start getting a late fee notice in the mail. I of course do not feel I am responsible for paying those late fees since I was not informed properly of the address change
I was served the papers by a constable on the 17th of March. I wasn't even home, my aunt signed. The petition to sue was filed on the 21st of October 2015. So why is my aunt getting my papers served roughly 5 months later?
A few months back I tried to pay only the HOA dues is I owed them. The lawyer representing KRJ sent the payment back because I was not including the late fees.

I have docs supporting my position

FlyingRon

You may be best served by trying to reach someone on the board about the issue rather than dealing with what I assume is a servicing company the HOA hires to deal with collecting the dues.

edclueless

You may be best served by trying to reach someone on the board about the issue rather than dealing with what I assume is a servicing company the HOA hires to deal with collecting the dues.
I have already spoken to them. I have already sent the county clerk my reply to the petition to sue. I have court date on the 24th of May

AdoptADog

I probably should not comment, I am not sure if I can contribute.

(sitting back and waiting for bigger brains than mine).

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">