• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued by insurance company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rf6835

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have a question in reference to getting information for an accident that I had with an employers truck? Is it my responsibility to insure a company truck or is it the owners. I am currently being sued by an insurance company on behalf of there client for damages due to an accident that I was involved with a company truck. The bottom line is that the insurance card that was provided in the truck was fake and was copied from one of his other trucks, so basically the truck was uninsured am I liable for damages for the accident or is the owner of the truck responsible. I have a copy of the fake insurance card which I will submit to the court. I do have insurance on my personal vehicles and was advised by my insurance company that I cannot claim this accident on my insurance due to the truck being a commercial vehicle and ownership being the company's responsibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">