• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Sued Over False Oral Commitment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedHelp80

What is the name of your state? ca

I am being taken to small claims court over a non-existent oral contract. It's extending off of an incident from almost 2 years (it will be 2 years in Dec.) where my dog was on a leash & a harness and my roommate (at the time) insisted I let her go for her to play with, while her dog was running around the living room. I said no then she said she wanted to play with her. so, I let her go. Long story short, her dog (not on a leash) ran behind my roomate (she was sitting on the floor) and my dog tried to jump over her and scratched her face with her big tooth. she had to get stitches to the rip in her face. We offered to pay for the stitches because we were partly to blame. Now she went and had plastic surgery done and wants me to pay for it she said that I told her I would pay for it. I never said it. Now she said she spoke to her lawyer and he said that she'd win in small claims court so she's taking me to court.

any information? advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">