• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued - pls help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idna123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Virginia

Owner: Myself

My Coworker: Person A
Coworker: Person B
Coworker’s Friend: Person C

I own a home based travel company.. One of my coworkers (Used work with me) Person A called me one day and asked me to find a flight ticket for him and his friends and responded back that cost is pretty high.. And Person A forwarded me itinerary and asked me to book for the itinerary provided for him and his friends..

One of his friend (Person C) called two days before the travel date and told me that Person A had issues traveling via one of the transit points booked and asked me to change the flight.. I tried all I can and replied that it’s going to cost this much for the change and he called me and demanded for the full refund for the ticket booked and threaten me that he is going to take a legal action. I told Person C that I will try for full refund though it’s non-refundable( sometime airlines looks at the case and refund full amount) if not I would get him travel credit.. I had email communication with Person C for this conversation. I talked to the airline and requested for a travel credit for the Non-refundable ticket..and airline also granted travel credit..Person C called me few months after that and asked me that he got the travel credit.. I told him that he got the travel credit and he can use it within a year.. He then called few days later and said that he wanted to use the credit for his family member.. I asked him to talk to the airline and see if the airline allows it.. Looks like airline told the Person C that he can’t use his travel credit for his extended family member..

One month ago he sent a attorney notice demanding that he requires full refund..

Facts:
When I booked the ticket to Person A and his friends – My point of contact was with Person A and I told him over the phone that these tickets is non-refundable.. I’m not sure what happened between Person A and Person B for communication wise..
Person C did not call me to book the original ticket.. He only called to change the ticket..

If Person C go to the court, do I have valid case?

idna123

Payment (Personal Check) was given to Person B by his friend Person C and Person B gave the payment to me directly and i deposited in my account..

Last edited:

justalayman

all you can do is defend your actions. If you have the proof C was informed the tickets were non-refundable as you say, I don't see how this would go anywhere.

idna123

As soon as I receive the letter from the attorney, I called Person B and said that I received a letter.. He immediately came to my house and called person C in front of me and told him that he is the one who sent me the itinerary to book and informed I did not do any mistake, but Person C is not ready to accept..

Few weeks ago, person B called person C and talked to him, and looks like he (Person C) wants some money so that he won’t go to the court..

Now Person C do not talk to Person B

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">