• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued for Shih Tzu pup ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tc1962

What is the name of your state? Maryland. I am a breeder of Shih Tzu. I received a call from a person that bought one of my pups and was told the pup had a birthdefect, I tryed to tell her the pup is healthy but she wouldn't listen and my contract states that 1. it is only legaly binding if it was witnessed. It was never Witnessed. Anyway it also says if they provide me a written statement from a vet stating the pup is seriously ill. A new pup will be given I have no pups available at this time . I generaly do not offer refunds but I told her to return the pup (which she only had a day) and I would give her back All the money.. I just wanted the pup back and she said no she was getting a lawyer.. What should I do???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tc1962 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland. I am a breeder of Shih Tzu. I received a call from a person that bought one of my pups and was told the pup had a birthdefect, I tried to tell her the pup is healthy but she wouldn't listen and my contract states that 1. it is only legaly binding if it was witnessed. It was never Witnessed. Anyway it also says if they provide me a written statement from a vet stating the pup is seriously ill. A new pup will be given I have no pups available at this time . I generally do not offer refunds but I told her to return the pup (which she only had a day) and I would give her back All the money.. I just wanted the pup back and she said no she was getting a lawyer.. What should I do???

My response:

Then what did she want if she is keeping the pup? Did she say that she wanted the puppy AND the money back?

What can you do? Well, wait for her lawyer to write to you. Then, you'll have a logical explanation of what his/her client wants, and the grounds for any action.

That's about all you CAN do, at this point.

IAAL

JETX

Though I wouldn't normally suggest you 'provide fodder for their cannon', you have already expressed a desire to assist the buyer. So, while you wait, why not formalize your policy (into a coherent form) and contact the buyer in writing and repeat your 'policy'.. and your offer. Keep copies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">