• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being threatened to be sued.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

obnauticus

This matter occurred over the internet and through two different states Washington and Pennsylvania.

Ok, first of all I am 15 and scared. So this guy wants some work done on his website he wants it moved over to a different server because it is faster and etc... So he wants the new server (the one that doesn't have his business isn't running on) ready to run his business and me to install some modifications to it. Anyway so he "hires" me under the table over the internet with no contracts knowing in full that i am in fact a minor (before he gives me access to anything). So he gives me all the passwords and full access to both the server that he wants his business to run on in the near future and the one that his business is currently running on, basically to copy information from. So I move all the stuff over to the other server and configure it, all without pay the only modification i make to the server his buisness was running on was a password that he gave me permission to put on and it worked. So I requested a reboot after all the configuration was done (this is on the server that isn't running his business) to apply changes. And supposedly during that time span something happened to his old server that the business was running on that has nothing to do with me and he is claiming to have lost 10,000$s. So he gets all pissed off and tells me to fix "it" when I don't even know what "it" is because "it" has nothing to do with me. So he starts calling my computer phone and leaving messages to speak to my dad. He also left the following message on my cell phone it is quite disturbing ( sorry I have a slow upload speed http://aaopwner.com/Dominic_message_01.wav ). So I gave him my dad's cell phone number and he is telling my parents to "speak to his lawyers," this Monday. I have no idea what to do I don't know if he is just trying to scare me or what.

I have nothing to do with his old business and nothing that might have happened to the server his business was running on at the time of this incident.

Thankyou.

If the admins can get a hold of the owner of this post https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=220934 because it is the same person that I am dealing with and he is inactive on this forum I believe that might be able to help.

FlyingRon

This matter occurred over the internet and through two different states Washington and Pennsylvania.
He's blowing smoke.

You should tell your father. I would recommend that your father not communicate with this fellow other than to tell him not to call you anymore. If he persists on trying to contact you, I would suggest that you contact the police. You don't say where you are located, but the Pennsylvania (and I suspect Washington) statutes are pretty clear about telephone harrassment.

obnauticus

My dad does know. But there are not many other people with my last name and I know he got my dad's name from the Caller ID. And it's not hard to put the two together from my area code.

Also his message /IS/ quite disturbing lol.

He's blowing smoke.

You should tell your father. I would recommend that your father not communicate with this fellow other than to tell him not to call you anymore. If he persists on trying to contact you, I would suggest that you contact the police. You don't say where you are located, but the Pennsylvania (and I suspect Washington) statutes are pretty clear about telephone harrassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">