• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Big Bad Wolf!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

8snuff

What is the name of your state? Texas
First, I apologize if this is in the wrong post section, I did not know where to go. My chihuahua was attacked in our yard 10 days ago by a dog from 3 blocks away who is usually chained up to a tree. It is a rumor through out the neighborhood that this dog is part wolf. We do not know this to be a fact. We do not have any leash laws in or county. We had to take our dog to an emergency vet 45 miles away because this happened on a Sunday. The vet bills turned out to be close to $600.00.We had to pay the bill before the vet would do the surgery. She had a broken rib and many puncture wounds including one in her chest cavity. After we returned home, we stopped by the owners home and only the wife was home. She was very apologetic and told us she would speak to her husband who was out of town and get back to us. She called later that afternoon and told us they would pay the bill but that it would be 10-14 days before she could. My husband stopped by to speak with her about 5 days ago and she again said they would pay for it, but felt that he was hounding her about it. He just wanted to keep in touch since she said she would keep us up to date. My husband stopped by today to inquire about the money again and she informed him that they felt that our dog had been at there home harassing there dog, abd that is why he attacked her. Our dog does not leave our yard! In lieu of payment, she offered to give us her Pug(they have approx. 8 dogs of diffeent breeds all chained to tree's.). Great, another vet bill is what I thought! I do not want her dog, I just want the vet bill paid back to us. I have searched the Texas dog laws and really cant make any sense of them except that we had the right to shoot the dog. I need to know how I go about getting them to pay this bill back to us, especially since we have already waited for 10 days as insructed when they said they would pay it to begin with. Now after many return visits to our home vet for check ups and to remove tubes, stitches etc... we have a healthy "Haley" back, just no mortgage payment..... Please Help!!!!

Last edited:

ENASNI

Send bill

Send Bill Certified registered request receipt. with copies of the vet bills.
If you do not get a response within a certain number of days, you may need to take this to small claims...so you want to show that you tried to get them
to pay, but just speaking to them is not proof.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">