• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bill non-payment Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjcezar

Pennsylvania.

I currently am a sub-contractor for another firm who provides an on-going emergency service (snow removal). I have been working for this company for 3 years now with no problems until this year. Out of the blue I was told my paper work had discrepencies and that I was to stop service until this is cleared up and they would be taking over (this was very odd since my paperwork is always right on and I even received compliments from them in the past for this). This all happening while they are significantly late with the majority of their payments and one check actually bouncing (they did take care of it but it took about 1 week). I stated that it was not ok for them to take over the stores and we will need go over these discrepencies since I have trucks allocated specifically for these jobs and also salt pre purchased for the season (I knew they were trying to pull something). It has been well over two weeks and they have either cancelled multiple appointments or said they are too busy too meet. On each phone call they have very combative (and I try to be very professional) and they would avoid making any mention as to when I would be getting paid just threats to sue them. Meanwhile they have invoices reaching 30days past due (net 30, so it is almost 60 days) and every week that goes by they have more reaching this mark. My question is how long do I need to wait till I go file at the district justice for the money owed. Some invoices are 5 days late and others are 30 days late. I do have a contract with them stating net 30 with late fees ($15 that I haven't charged in the past cause we always had a great relationship). I also have a clause which states that they agree to pay all reasonable attorney's fees and all other costs incurred for collecting the past due amounts. I no longer want to work for this firm in the future and I really want to collect my money owed with the late fees and any other moneys I am entitled to. How should I handle this?

BL

Pennsylvania.

I currently am a sub-contractor for another firm who provides an on-going emergency service (snow removal). I have been working for this company for 3 years now with no problems until this year. Out of the blue I was told my paper work had discrepencies and that I was to stop service until this is cleared up and they would be taking over (this was very odd since my paperwork is always right on and I even received compliments from them in the past for this). This all happening while they are significantly late with the majority of their payments and one check actually bouncing (they did take care of it but it took about 1 week). I stated that it was not ok for them to take over the stores and we will need go over these discrepencies since I have trucks allocated specifically for these jobs and also salt pre purchased for the season (I knew they were trying to pull something). It has been well over two weeks and they have either cancelled multiple appointments or said they are too busy too meet. On each phone call they have very combative (and I try to be very professional) and they would avoid making any mention as to when I would be getting paid just threats to sue them. Meanwhile they have invoices reaching 30days past due (net 30, so it is almost 60 days) and every week that goes by they have more reaching this mark. My question is how long do I need to wait till I go file at the district justice for the money owed. Some invoices are 5 days late and others are 30 days late. I do have a contract with them stating net 30 with late fees ($15 that I haven't charged in the past cause we always had a great relationship). I also have a clause which states that they agree to pay all reasonable attorney's fees and all other costs incurred for collecting the past due amounts. I no longer want to work for this firm in the future and I really want to collect my money owed with the late fees and any other moneys I am entitled to. How should I handle this?
Consult an attorney to review your contract ?

Perhaps have that Attorney send a letter ( on the attorney's letterhead ) , demanding payments , or else .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">