• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Body Attachment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elaine60

What is the name of your state? Indiana I lived with someone for six years who owned a business. They were sued by another person for work done and they listed me also. I went to court and told the lawyer that it was not my debt. They still wanted money from me so I agreed to pay 15.00 per month. I was unable to pay all of my bills and did not send all of the money each month. They sent me a letter in the mail for another court date and I had moved and did not receive it. Consequently they ordered me in contempt and issued a hold or attachment for me. My daughter received a letter in the mail from the same court and she told me that it said that the hold had been dimissed. I have filed bankruptcy and the debt was part of it. Is it possible for a body attachement to be dismissed. She said it did not state the case in question and has since thrown the letter away. Her present address was the one they had listed for me before I moved. Can anyone help answer this question? Is it possible because the debt was uncollectible that there was no need for the hold any longer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">