• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought wheels and Tires from a private seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al8719

What is the name of your state?FL

I bought a set of tires and rims for my car about two weeks ago from a private seller in town. When I met him to look at the tires, the gentleman said specifically that there wasnt anything wrong with the tires or wheels. Recently, I just realized that two of the tires have about an inch cut on the sidewalls that has led one of the tires to go flat. Is there any way I can settle this claim by having him pay for new tires for the ones that have a cut on the sidewall?? Would this be a case at all if I even took it to a small claims court or anything of that matter?? Thanks in advance.

Satan Is My Motor
CAKE
I’ve got wheels of polished steel
I’ve got tires that grab the road
I’ve got seats that selflessly hold my friends
And a trunk that can carry the heaviest of loads

I’ve got a mind that can steer me to your house
And a heart that can bring you red flowers
My intentions are good and earnest and true
But under my hood is internal combustion
Satan is my motor
Hear my motor purr
Satan is my motor
Hear my motor purr
Satan is the only one who seems to understand
Satan is my motor

I’ve got brakes
I’m wide awake
I can stop this car at any time
At the very last second I can change directions
Turn completely around if I feel so inclined

I’ve got a mind that can steer me to your house
And a heart that can bring you red flowers
My intentions are good and earnest and true
But under my hood is internal combustion

Satan is my motor
Hear my motor purr
Satan is my motor
Hear my motor purr
Satan is my motor

BL

al8719 said:
What is the name of your state?FL

I bought a set of tires and rims for my car about two weeks ago from a private seller in town. When I met him to look at the tires, the gentleman said specifically that there wasn't anything wrong with the tires or wheels. Recently, I just realized that two of the tires have about an inch cut on the sidewalls that has led one of the tires to go flat. Is there any way I can settle this claim by having him pay for new tires for the ones that have a cut on the sidewall?? Would this be a case at all if I even took it to a small claims court or anything of that matter?? Thanks in advance.
No , there's no way to settle the claim .

No, you have no case .

Unless , you have an ad that the seller posted that the tires were in good or excellent condition , and draw a sympathetic Judge on the grounds of false advertising .

But even then , you looked at the tires and seen nothing wrong . The seller might not have seen anything wrong either .

Also , If that is the case , maybe the cut occurred after you bought them , or maybe you switched tires , to try to get NEW tires .

Your chances are very slim to none of an award from small claims or the seller .

al8719

Well, if it makes any difference, I have a set of pictures that he sent me that clearly shows that there were cuts on the sidewalls. Will this make any difference??

al8719

Well, if it makes any difference, I have a set of pictures that he sent me before I bought the wheels that clearly shows that there were cuts on the sidewalls. Will this make any difference??

BL

al8719 said:
Well, if it makes any difference, I have a set of pictures that he sent me before I bought the wheels that clearly shows that there were cuts on the sidewalls. Will this make any difference??
This is one for IAAL's list of the year ....

al8719

I am just saying that the cuts are visible in retrospect when I am actaully looking for the cuts on the sidewall. But, at the time, my preoccupation wasnt looking for cuts on the sidewall. I was looking at tire treadwear since that is one of the main observations when looking at tires. My case is for him selling me faulty defective tires.

BL

al8719 said:
I am just saying that the cuts are visible in retrospect when I am actaully looking for the cuts on the sidewall. But, at the time, my preoccupation wasnt looking for cuts on the sidewall. I was looking at tire treadwear since that is one of the main observations when looking at tires. My case is for him selling me faulty defective tires.

You keep contadicking yourself , and don't know what the H*** you're talking about .

You said I have pictures that clearly show the cuts in the sidewalls before I purchased the tires .

For all anyone knows you bought them to use as flower pots .

Next time buy new tires ...

al8719

I believe I know what I am talking about, you must not be following what I am saying. I am saying when I bought the tires, I did not NOTICE that there were cuts on the sidewalls (if you dont know what sidewalls are, it is the side ring of the tire right outside of the rims). Now, at this moment in time when I look at it, after the incidence of me having a flat tire on my car, I realize that that there were cuts that are visible, hence me saying that the cuts are clearly visible. This is because my attention at this moment is focused on looking at the sidewall of the tires and looking for cuts. At the time, I really had no clue that there were cuts, so why the hell would i buy tires with cuts on them?? I bought them under the assumption that these wheels (rims and tires) were in perfect condition, by which the gentleman clearly stated, with the tires barely used (I think only 3000 miles at the most). I hope that I am clearing up things for you, but knowing you, you probably will write some random nonpertinent statements which does nothing to help clear my headache of trying to solve this problem. If you want to help, then leave your bitchy attitude out of this thread or else refrain from posting on this thread. All I want is a knowledgeable answer if there is any way for this gentleman to pay for my new tires that will replace the tires with the cuts on the sidewall.

al8719

By the way, the last statement was directed to Blonde Lebinese. If anyone else would help me, then please do.

hbreen

Unfortunately, I think what everyone is saying is that you are out of luck. If you can look at the photo (even in retrospect) and see that there are cuts in the sidewalls, what do you think a judge is going to see?

You can try small claims, but I think you're going to be out of luck!

BL

al8719 said:
I believe I know what I am talking about, you must not be following what I am saying. I am saying when I bought the tires, I did not NOTICE that there were cuts on the sidewalls (if you dont know what sidewalls are, it is the side ring of the tire right outside of the rims). Now, at this moment in time when I look at it, after the incidence of me having a flat tire on my car, I realize that that there were cuts that are visible, hence me saying that the cuts are clearly visible. This is because my attention at this moment is focused on looking at the sidewall of the tires and looking for cuts. At the time, I really had no clue that there were cuts, so why the hell would i buy tires with cuts on them?? I bought them under the assumption that these wheels (rims and tires) were in perfect condition, by which the gentleman clearly stated, with the tires barely used (I think only 3000 miles at the most). I hope that I am clearing up things for you, but knowing you, you probably will write some random nonpertinent statements which does nothing to help clear my headache of trying to solve this problem. If you want to help, then leave your bitchy attitude out of this thread or else refrain from posting on this thread. All I want is a knowledgeable answer if there is any way for this gentleman to pay for my new tires that will replace the tires with the cuts on the sidewall.
Tell the Judge " I don't think you understand what I'm talking about " then .

By the way , I'm male , and If you think my comments are harsh , if you draw a Judge that's in a bad mood or you piss him/her off , expect the same .

DUH >>> I know what white walls are . I'm probably old enough to be your father , and you should have " FOCUSED " with a little common sense .

Don't like the advise I gave you , tough ....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">