• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of awarded judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knot

What is the name of your state? virginia......was sued and the person recieving the award made a contract for money and goods to fullfill contract. It was witnessed and signed when monies and goods were delivered. They now are saying it does not full fill the contract and wants full judgement amount and are threatenening to garnish wages. Can they do this and what can I do?

JETX

Need LOTS more information.... like what was the lawsuit about? What were the contract terms? Why is the other party claiming breach? Why does 'it' not fulfill the contract? And has their already been a trial (and therefore a judgment), or is this pending action or threat??

K

knot

the other person was awarded a civil judgement of $2500. The person won the suit for puntative damage for a supposed physical attack. The orginial criminal case was dropped by the person who won the suit, The person winning the suit contacted me and offered a deal for $300 and personal property including a tv, computer and playstation system with games. It was a verbal agreement and arrangements were made for delivery. There was a contract drawn up stating the terms of the verbal agreement. On delivery, the person winning the suit demanded more items and they were handwritten in and i asked for the changes to be initaled and she refused. The agreement was signed by both parties and several witness. There was 5 copies signed and it was noted she refused to intial the last minute changes. All conditions were met of the orginial agreement. 6 months later a hand written letter arrived demanding contact and if not by a certain date- my wages would be garnished for the rest of the settlement - which was $2200 minus the property value. It did not come from a lawyers office and no contact was made for 6 months until this letter arrived. Is she allowed to turn around and breach this contract?

T

Terry7

For $2,500.00 , call your local bar association.
Have them refer you to a lawyer for a consultation.
They usually charge $35 - $50.00 .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">