• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dogs4life

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I have a contract, where we gave a breeder a puppy, in exchange for a stud service in the future.Although the puppy was inooculated 3x prior to leaving, she caught parvo and passed away 8 days after leaving. The dog was checked by their vet within 24 hours as the contract stated (within 72 hours) and she did not have parvo (which might I add, has a 3 to 5 day incusbation period). They also acknowledge having had parvo in their last litter, the most probable way the dog was infected, as it remains active for up to 2 years. They are now refusing to give me the stud service. My question is, when I go to file, do I pursue for the value of just the puppy/stud service, or do I pursue for the value of a litter?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I have a contract, where we gave a breeder a puppy, in exchange for a stud service in the future.Although the puppy was inooculated 3x prior to leaving, she caught parvo and passed away 8 days after leaving. The dog was checked by their vet within 24 hours as the contract stated (within 72 hours) and she did not have parvo (which might I add, has a 3 to 5 day incusbation period). They also acknowledge having had parvo in their last litter, the most probable way the dog was infected, as it remains active for up to 2 years. They are now refusing to give me the stud service. My question is, when I go to file, do I pursue for the value of just the puppy/stud service, or do I pursue for the value of a litter?
**A: what was the actual agreement concerning the litter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">