• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breech of contract by a preschool

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ed Rooney

What is the name of your state? California

I gave a pre-school an $80 deposit/registration fee in Nov. 2005 for my child to attend school, starting in Sept. 2006. I received a welcome pack from the school in Feb. 2006 w/ a cover letter stating that my child was accepted for the Fall term M,W,F mornings at a cost of $452 per month. It states, "your registration fee has confirmed your child's place in the school for Fall." My $80 deposit was cashed by the school in March 2006.

In early August, just 3 weeks before the Fall term, I was notified by another parent that the pre-school was dropping all part-time children so the school could add more full-time students (thus more revenue for the school). After multiple calls to the school, the Director confirmed that my child not longer had a spot at the school. My child was dropped from the school w/out ever attending.

Do I have a claim for a refund of my $80 deposit? The school's Web site states the $80 "registration fee" is non-refundable. But the school broke a signed agreement and dropped my child, I did not drop the school.

Furthermore, can I sue the school for the additional cost that I now must pay for the new (more expensive) pre-school that I found at the last minute?

Thanks,
Ed:confused:What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Yes, you can ask for the refund of the $80 and you should have already done so by now.

You have no legal claim to sue them for the additional costs. That is called "that's how life goes".

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

seniorjudge

Definitions of breech on the Web:

* opening in the rear of the barrel of a gun where bullets can be loaded
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* the rear part of the bore of a gun; specifically, the opening where the projectile is inserted in the bore of a breech-loading gun.
www.nps.gov/prsf/history/glossary.htm

* A variation of normal presentation of the baby in the uterus in which the buttocks, or breech, of the baby is presenting first. One baby in four will present breech at some stage in pregnancy, but by the 34 th week most of these babies have turned. Acupuncture, chiropractic and external version are options for turning a breech baby. ...
www.ican-online.org/resources/glossary.php

* The portion of a gun tube from the rear end of the chamber aft to the cascabel.
www.history.navy.mil/cannons/cannons55.html

* Coarse hair fibers on lower hind legs.
www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/livestk/01400.html

* The end of a barrel into which a cartridge is inserted.
www.hallowellco.com/abbrevia.htm

* The rear end of a cannon or gun barrel; usually the point of ignition.
www.clemusart.com/museum/collect/armrglos.html

* That portion of a gun which contains the action, the trigger or firing mechanism, the magazine, and the chamber portion of the barrel(s). An imprecise term generally including all the essential working parts of a gun.
www.gunshop.com/bbp6.htm

* The end of the barrel nearest the stock.
www.deercreekhuntclub.com/glossary.html

* The solid metal base of a cannon, from the cascabel to the start of the concave inside bore.
www.ageofsail.net/aostermi.asp

* A baby who is in the opposite position from the usual head down. He could be feet first or bottom first if he’s breech.
www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_birth/antenatal_care/abbreviations_terms.asp

* The chamber end of the barrel.
home.swipnet.se/longrange/glossary_of_terms.htm

* The rear end of the barrel where the pellet is loaded.
www.aafta.org/html/education/education_glossary.html

* short pants covering the hips and thighs and fitting snugly at the lower edges at or just below the knee; pants
www.apparelsearch.com/glossary_b_5_textile.htm

* The area of the handgun that contains the mechanical action, the chamber and the attachment of the barrel to the frame.
www.nracentral.com/gun-glossary-the-handgun.php

* The end of the barrel closest to the chamber, from which the bullet starts. The breech is the end opposite the muzzle.
captioning.robson.org/reference/language/firearms-3.html

* Position for birth in which the buttocks, knees, or feet of the fetus are nearest to the cervix.
greatlakes.med.navy.mil/WOGL/preginfo/TermsPreg.htm

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ed Rooney said:
Ola Senor-
Eat My Shorts- Jackass
And the point of this was what? Good grief. Get a sense of humor. You don't have to be insulting. He was trying to educate you. Apparently you cannot deal with that.

Ed Rooney

If he was trying to educate me then he would have provide legal advise. I recall that I posted on a legal forum not a spelling bee site.

El SeniorJudge was just being a jackass, plain and simple.

Since you took the time to chim in, why don't you actually educate me and provide some valid legal advise. Can I sue the pre-school for the extra cost that I'm now paying for the new school?

Waste of time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">