• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bridesmaid dress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shondaharper

Georgia

I bought a dress to wear for my cousins wedding March 07. I took it to the cleaners the day after and had it cleaned. When i returned to pick it up on the designated day the girl could not locate the dress. then she asked me was i the girl with the dress. I told her yes and asked why and she said that they were supposed to have contacted me because the dress had been ruined in the cleaning process. I told her noone contacted me. So then she tried contacting her boss so that i could speak to him about this issue. finally she reached him i told him i wanted to be refunded the 130 dollars for my dress and he told me that he didnt think it was his fault that the dress was cheap and that the people who sold me the dress was responsible. He finally told me he was goin to the dress store and complain to them cause this was the second dress from the same store that was ruined from drycleaning it. I called him later and he told me that the meeting with the dress store did not go well and that he would have to contct his insurance company and file a claim with them so that they can give me my refund. I left all my information with him and returned back home. I kept in touch with him and he kept giving me the run around and at one point told me my check was in the mail and to give it two weeks. I did. When i was finally able to reach him again he basiclly told told me that he was still waitng on his insurance company to contact him and that he was also stressed dealing with the first dress incident. At that point i decided to contact and talk to one of the lawyers at the legal office on base. I gave her the deatails and she decided to write him a letter and send it to him certified mail. she contacted me two days later and said that the letter was signed for. Two weeks later i called her to see if he had contacted her like the letter requested and she said that he had not. Well then we recieved orders and was stationed at another base and its been over a year and this guy still has not contacted the lawyer. I called today and he said that he cant remember if he contacted the lawyer or not and that he had to contact his insurance company and get back to me. What should i do?

cyjeff

Just your time.

You don't need an attorney to do it, but since you aren't there....

Basically, the dry cleaner was waiting you out in the hopes that you would eventually give up.

His insurance company was never called... if he even has insurance.

You got swindled... I am guess he figured you were military and if he waited long enough you would be sent far enough away where 140 wouldn't mean anything to you.

Silverplum

Stop screwing around and take this guy to small claims court.
At what cost?

And for what? Compensation for an ugly bridesmaid dress she'll never wear again? $130?

What are the filing fees? What will an attorney require as fees? OP mentions being in the military -- count in some travel expense, too. :rolleyes:

At some point, potential litigants need to, ya know, stop and THINK about it.

cyjeff

At what cost?

And for what? Compensation for an ugly bridesmaid dress she'll never wear again? $130?

What are the filing fees? What will an attorney require as fees? OP mentions being in the military -- count in some travel expense, too. :rolleyes:

At some point, potential litigants need to, ya know, stop and THINK about it.
Psst.... read the next set of posts.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">