• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broke Foot in Front of business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennifers7

INDIANA

2 days ago I was stepping off of the curb in front of a Circle S convenience store, right in front of the door and I twisted my ankle breaking my foot.
It was about 6:30am and there was not many people there in the store. Only 1 person actually seen me twist my ankle and as I came in the door I commented I think I broke my foot, not knowing for sure.
By the time I got home I knew I needed medical attention and went straight to the hospital where I found out it was broke.
I asked my husband to find out if there was a gap in the pavement where I fell and come to find out there was.
I have good insurance but am not working which I was looking for work at the time because of the need for more income in the family.
Should I speak to a lawyer about this case because of the liability of Circle S or do I have a case?

JETX

You would have to show that the store knew, or shown have known, of the hazard and that they were negligent in not repairing it. Can you do that??

B

BB_Wolfe

Maybe instead of litigation, you should invest in some better eyewear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">