• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broken arrowhead

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rethadixon

I had a museum quality arrowhead that I took to an antique dealer. His employee dropped and broke it. Now the piece is worth very little.What recourse do I have to be compensated for the lost value of the arrowhead?

BL

I had a museum quality arrowhead that I took to an antique dealer. His employee dropped and broke it. Now the piece is worth very little.What recourse do I have to be compensated for the lost value of the arrowhead?
You did ask in small claims forum .

Is/was it worth more than small claims allows ?

Do you have proof of it's worth before being damaged ?

justalayman

research the value of the item before and after the damage. Once you have determined the loss of value, start with making a demand of the dealer. If you aren't happy with the response, sue they guy and include the employee as well in the suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">