• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken psp analog?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blitz12Days

I live in USA, NY. i want to know can i sue my sister? i'm 14 but my parents may agree. she's 18, living in the house, no job. last week, i found my psp that she stole. just today, i went on my psp and though the analog needed calibration. after a long glance, i see the knob broken and it spins 360 degrees. can i sue her so sony can repair it?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Your parents may agree to what? You suing your sister? Why not just press criminal charges?!

Sounds like the best course of action is for you to put a lock on your toy box.

Blitz12Days

i meant my parents may help me with the case. i may be young but knowledgable. criminal charges? she lives in the house though. i just want a perfectly great working psp to play games.
she has a unofficial record of criminal actions (stole license plate on strangers car) but we never filed a police report as well as destruction of federal property. so what can i do?

Proserpina

i meant my parents may help me with the case. i may be young but knowledgable. criminal charges? she lives in the house though. i just want a perfectly great working psp to play games.
she has a unofficial record of criminal actions (stole license plate on strangers car) but we never filed a police report as well as destruction of federal property. so what can i do?

Prove that she broke it.

You can't, can you?

justalayman

And...that will do what, exactly?

Seriously.

The cost of an analog controller is what - $25, $30?

Do you have ANY clue how much a small claims action will cost?

Really?
but he'll get his legal costs added into his judgment against the sister with no job and as such, presumably no money.

I would love to hear the judge that gets stuck with this family squabble.

Proserpina

but he'll get his legal costs added into his judgment against the sister with no job and as such, presumably no money.

I would love to hear the judge that gets stuck with this family squabble.

Oh, there's one in particular I'd LOVE to have hear this case :D

Blitz12Days

Actually, if i confront her, she'd say "yeah i did it bitch, what yuh gunna do?" and that would be proof. The repair is actually $100 for sony's repair.. It's a matter of concepts of what's right or wrong. I'm tired of having my **** taken and thrown around the empire state building to the streetwalks. She was even about to get kicked out last week too, the day i found my psp under her 200lbs bed... Either way, thanks guys.

BL

Actually, if i confront her, she'd say "yeah i did it bitch, what yuh gunna do?" and that would be proof. The repair is actually $100 for sony's repair.. It's a matter of concepts of what's right or wrong. I'm tired of having my **** taken and thrown around the empire state building to the streetwalks. She was even about to get kicked out last week too, the day i found my psp under her 200lbs bed... Either way, thanks guys.
You mean you haven't gotten into a sparing match ?

I'd suggest you read the small claims guide for NY.

Google it , you said you're intelligent .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">